Monday, July 23, 2012

where i'm at {and the truths that comfort my heart}



It's hard to miss people.  As I was putting away a long-overdue basket of clean clothes last night, I pondered what it was that I really miss about having people I like be far away.  It's the lack of shared experiences, of time spent together.  And even when time is spent together over the phone or Skype, it's catching each other up on non-shared experiences that have occurred.  That of course creates a shared experience, but it's just not the same as actually having coffee together or walking at school or driving somewhere.



Despite all of my human, selfish emotions and self-pity, God so graciously spoke to me through His Word this morning.  Isaiah 50:10 seems to sum up the lesson of the summer:

"...Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely on His God."

Who am I to turn to in these difficulties?  The Lord.  What is to be my response to times where my heart hurts?  Trust Him.  Rely on Him. {how does it seem so simple and straightforward, yet so difficult to do?}


When I don't like the situations I'm in, Lord, please let my heart's cry be that of Jesus' in the Garden of Gethsemane in Matthew 26:39.  He was facing the biggest trial ever.  Lord, in these small things, please help me to be faithful and say,

"...yet not as I will, but as You will."

In Jeremiah 31:25, the Lord speaks of how He meets everyone in their time of need, and I've seen that this morning.

"For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes."

Thank you for refreshing my heart, Jesus, for strengthening me in my weariness.  Please empower me with Your strength to finish well.

1 comment:

  1. why does missing have to be so hard? :( those are good verses though!

    ReplyDelete