Monday, August 20, 2012

Isaiah 62

Today (8/14/12) is Isaiah 62.

For Zion's sake I will not keep silent,
And for Jerusalem's sake I will not keep quiet,
Until her righteousness goes forth like brightness,
And her salvation like a torch that is burning.

I picture the Lord saying that He will not be silent, that He will not give up on me, until I get to the point where He has begun the good work He began in me and righteousness and salvation are perfected.  [Jesus, even when my heart is so distraught and not eager to learn, would You please continue to speak to me, to pour into me and not be silent?  I want to learn more of You, Jesus!]  He loves me enough to shout and call out and whisper and encourage me as He makes me more into the person He designed me to be.  At coffee with a friend this morning, she mentioned how she loves that God never gives up on doing the things that are His absolute best for us; He never makes mistakes.  (And I just met this girl this morning - what a treasure she is!)  Another friend posted this quote on her blog this morning that was something Lila Trotman once said: "Pray that God will make you a woman of His, no matter the cost."  [God, no matter what the cost, would You make me into a woman after Your own heart?  That's who I want to become!  If this situation right now is what You need to make me more like You, then I accept it.]

God speaks of Zion as being "a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God" (verse 3).  [Lord, You treasure me this much?  Wow!]

It will no longer be said to you, "Forsaken,"
Nor to your land will it any longer be said, "Desolate";
But you will be called, "My delight is in her,"
And your land, "Married";
For the Lord delights in you,
And to Him your land will be married. (verse 4)

So comforting.  Thank You, Lord, for the encouragements!

No comments:

Post a Comment