Monday, August 20, 2012

Disappointments

Someone once said, "Disappointments are God's way of saying, 'I have something better for you.'"

Perhaps.

But for me, disappointments are far more than just that.  They are somewhat of an alarm, a call for me to evaluate myself.

-Who or what am I trusting in?
     I need to constantly rely on my God who is working all things for His glory and my good.
     Proverbs 16:9 - The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
     The Lord directs my steps for that very purpose described above!

     God's plans are infinitely better than mine are.
     I want His ways over what I could humanly dream up or desire.
     Isaiah 55:8-9 - "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
     I need to trust Him for what He has planned tomorrow, five days from now, and ten years in the future.

-Then, am I choosing to glorify God in this situation?
     I need to not complain and instead be content with present circumstances.

-Look at the good in what happened.
     Maybe I was able to spend more time with people I love.  Maybe I was able to rest.

-Look for the lessons God wanted to teach me.
     By going through the steps listed above!
     Take them to heart, allow God to change me, be moldable clay in the hand of the Potter.

He is my God, and I will trust Him no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment